Monday, December 24, 2012

I'm baaaaaack (again) and some new updates

Hi, after another brief blogging break, I decided I missed it and am back...  I am still actively reading blogs, but have taken a break from blogging myself...

It's now almost 2013 (Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!!)

Some updates:

I decided to start off by sharing some of the restaurants in the area I have been going to:

Still loving my sushi.  I am a huge fan of sashimi!  (As you can tell from the pics below):

From Fuji Steakhouse in Needham (this was delicious!):


Super Fusion (Watertown): This is my favorite sushi place in Watertown.  If you are my facebook friend, you will know I am a regular here!


My family celebrated Christmas early this year and we went to Isaac's on the Waterfront in Plymouth.  I got steamed lobster, baked sweet potato and butternut squash:


My twin got the lobster special (I forget the name, but came with spaghetti, scallops, steamed mussels and shrimp)... I stole some of her shrimp and scallops :)


I am still a regular at ufood grill in Boston.  This is the plain grilled chicken and two sides of broccoli...  There is yummier food to order here, including burgers, wraps, and "healthy" french fries (called "unfries")...


And Fire and Ice...  This is a restaurant where you basically put a bunch of raw food (veggies, meats) on a plate, with some sauce, and cook it on a grill (they cook it for you)... each line represents a variety of veggies... 



At home, I am becoming a huge fan of making salad bowls for lunch:

 1.) Turkey Avocado broccoli-slaw: 3 ingredients only! Turkey, Avocado and broccoli-slaw mix.  For this, I used 100 calorie guacamole packs.


Another one: I substituted ham for turkey and regular coleslaw mix for the broccoli slaw mix.


2.) Another turkey/avocado bowl:  This time I used 1/2 avocado and had to cut up my own cabbage (red/green).

 3.) Spicy Chicken and almond Butter bowl: I actually cooked up the cabbage and topped with chicken, almond butter and franks red hot sauce.... and salt.

Made one for home:


Another one for work:


 1.) Chicken Avocado bowl: Chicken, Avocado and Veggies (red and green cabbage, broccoli, carrots).  I mixed some mustard in it as well.