Saturday, April 21, 2012

Retail Therapy

So, I went on an amazon shopping spree last week and these are some of the items I purchased:



Isopure Protein Powder - Cookies and Cream- this protein powder (and flavor!) was my best friends recommendation...  I haven't tried it but will definitely soon!  According to my friend, this is the "purest" forms of protein powder and mixes easily with water (which is apparently a big deal to some people)....  I just think of mixing as an arm workout :)  Just kidding. 

This is a top quality protein powder, so it's more expensive.  It's a whey protein isolate:

Nutrition info: 2 scoops (62 grams) has 210 calories, 1 gram fat, 0 grams carbs; 0 grams sugar and 50 grams protein.  

I will one use one scoop, or 31 grams, per serving. 

VPX Graham Cracker Protein Powder- This is MY FAVORITE protein powder of all time.  I never buy it because it's so expensive, though, and I am not training for any fitness shows.  One scoop has only 80 caories, No Carbs and 20 grams protein.  You can't beat those stats.  Plus, this tastes awesome too!!  As soon as you open the tub you smell graham cracker!  I have converted many people to this protein powder!

Coconut Flour: I bought a 4 pack of coconut flour from Bob's Red Mill.  This is a great lower carb flour to use in replacement of regular flour.

Nutrition Info: Two tablespoons have 60 calories, 1.5 grams fat, 10 grams carbs (6 of which are from dietary fiber); 0 grams sugar and 2 grams protein.

Be sure to check out the coconut flour recipes on my blog (there is a tag to the right)

Coconut Oil:   I bought Nutiva coconut oil.  I am HUGE, HUGE fan of coconut oil.  If you are dieting/low carb, this is a great source of fats for energy.  I feel my energy level increase when I take a tablespoon (or more!) daily.  I use this for cooking my chicken, eggs and veggies.  Be sure to check out my links to coconut oil recipes. 

NUTIVA Coconut oil is:
  • Certified organic and non-GMO
  • Made from fresh coconuts, not dried copra
  • Cold-processed under 104 degree's
  • Pressed within two hours of chopping
  • Unrefined and unfermented
  • Chemical-free
  • Unbleached, undeodorized, unhydrogenated
  • Pure white like fresh coconut, tastes like fresh coconut, and has fresh coconut fragrance

  • Coconut is one of the most healthy super foods in the world. Ideal as a high-heat cooking oil, a healthy substitute for shortening in baking, and a "better-than-butter" replacement on bread and veggies.

    Nutrition info: 1 tablespoon has 120 calories, 14 grams fat (12.5 g of saturated fat); no sugar; no carbs and no protein.

    Moroccan Oil:  This is for my hair :) Not for human consumption!    I highly recommend this if you want shinier hair.  Plus. it smells nice :)