Monday, June 6, 2011

Navita's Naturals (Maqui powder and Hemp Seeds)

Thanks to Navita's Naturals for sending me some hemp seeds and maqui powder (and another stick of cacao lip balm). I have had hemp seeds before and you can google some recipes on my page for them.

Maqui powder: I had never head of this before! It's an organic (and raw!) freeze dried powder. It would go great in oatmeal, protein shakes, yogurt, cereal and dessert. I have yet to try it any of these ways, but I wanted to try it, so I dipped my finger in the bag and licked it. It was tarty (I wasn't expecting that) and tasted like blueberry/acai. I liked it and can't wait to add it in my protein shakes. Maqui is a berry and considererd a "superfood" and contains many antioxidents.

Hemp seeds: I love these bad boys :) I put them on top of my veggie stir-frys and stirring them in peanut butter. It has a mild nutty taste. The Navita brand is raw. You can also blend these seeds and make a nice nut butter (note to self this weekend). Hemp seeds are known for providing a great source of energy and good source of protein (8 grams per two tablespoons). It contains all 10 amino acids (therefore, making it a complete protein) and it has omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids.

Cacao lip balm: This moisturizer is made from the pure, cold-pressed oil of the cacao bean, along with a rich mixture of nature's most skin-friendly oils. It's all natural, made with organic raw cacao butter from 100% cacao oil. All ingredients used are certified organic, cruelty-free and contains no chemical preservatives.