Friday, June 17, 2011

About Time Protein Powder Review and Chocolate Coconut Pancakes!

Thanks to About Time for sending me samples of their protein powder to review. This stuff is the real deal! 100% pure whey isolate protein! Top quality ingredients... pure awesomeness :) I definitely recommend you try this protein powder, this is one of the best I have seen out there. And the owners/co-founders know what they are talking about: see their bios here.

Whey Isolate Protein Powder:
- no artificial flavors
- no artificial sweeteners
- lactose and gluten free
- no carbs
- no fat
- Nutrition: (Only!) 103 calories and 25 grams protein per serving.
- a variety of flavors to choose from, including: chocolate, birthday cake, cinnamon swirl, strawberry, peaches and cream, mocha mint, vanilla, peanut butter, banana, chocolate peanut butter and unflavored.

Be on the lookout as I feature these products in future recipes :) I have tried the chocolate so far in pancakes (see recipe below) and I am looking forward to trying the other flavors they sent me.



They also make protein bars which are sweetened with agave. I can't wait to try these (review coming soon!)

They also make pre-made shakes (see above). I plan to feature this one separately. But basically, it's powder in a bottle and you just add milk/water... easy on the go and convenient. Can't wait to try it! (I actually meant to bring it to work with me today and I must have left it on the counter.. dummy!)



Using their protein powder, I made myself some delicious pancakes for breakfast this morning. I highly recommend you try these!

Chocolate Coconut Pancakes:
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 serving about time whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites

Directions: Blend all ingredients and cook on skillet.



Topped with sugar free maple syrup: