Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm baack! (and delicious coconut turnip fries!)

Hello!
It's a good feeling to say "I'm back!" :) A lot has happened in the last 6 months, so I put the blog on hold until I felt "life isn't hectic anymore." But is life ever not hectic? Even when I am on vacation, I move a mile a minute....

Well, glad to say things have slowed down. Being an accountant, my "busy season" is over... and I must say I really missed blogging whileI was gone. I especially realized this yesterday when I was at the Town Diner in Watertown with my best friend and his parents and they asked me about my blog and my friend mentioned I hadn't posted in a while.... (by the way, I highly recommend the town diner.. I got the veggie omelette with egg beaters and it was great!)

Well, today I was in a fry eating mood, so I hope you enjoy this recipe:

COCONUT OIL TURNIP FRIES: lower carb and just awesome...

Ingredients:
- one turnip
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- spices: cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper

Directions: cut turnips into fry shapes. mix in a bag with coconut oil and spices. Lay on parchment lined paper and bake in over at 400 for 20-30 minutes (I wasn't paying attention). Flip halfway through...