Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Boston Marathon Update and Blogging Update

Hi Everyone,
I am sorry I have been MIA. The past few weeks have been crazy! I always get crazy busy around marathon time. Also, I had a lot of other things going on in my life. Needless to say, everything has died down and I am back :)

So, the good news: I ran my personal best in the Boston Marathon. 3:15:47. I came in 3,725 place, 366 for my gender and 301 in my division. My older sister Becca, who is also my running coach, ran amazing! She ran 3:30:13. Way to go Becca!

I want to thank the following companies as I used their products in my training runs and marathon runs:

Nuun- they were actually at the marathon expo this year. They make portable electrolyte water. I am a former ultra marathon runner and I wish I had heard about it back in my ultra marathon days. this stuff works!!! I used to get major cramps from elecgtrolyte imbalance when I ran my extreme races. I didn't get any cramping during the marathon. I blogged about it here

FitSok- I used their socks in the marathon and they were super comfortable. I love the socks. You can read my blog here

ClifBar- As you all may know by now, clifbar is my absolute favorite bar to train marathons with. Not only do they taste delicious, but they are PERFECT for marathons. I can digest them easily and they taste so good! Clif bars, bagels and bananas were my fuel for the race!

I am waiting for all the pics to upload on the baa marathonfoto website, but here is a pic of me running at mile 8. (pink shorts, black bra)