Note: Thanks to Shadd from GetChia for sending me these chia seeds to sample. You know I love my chia seeds. They are get in stir fries, yogurt, oatmeal, breads, as salad dressing thickeners.
From Get Chia, you can purchase chia seeds, ranging from 1/4 pound to 55 pounds (!!) For more info on ordering, go here! http://getchia.com/chiaproducts.html
* Chia Seeds are THE BEST source of Omega-3 & Omega-6 essential fatty acids!
* These seeds are perfect for diabetics & people watching or trying to lose weight.
* Chia Seeds are also very beneficial to the heart and extremely high in fiber, calcium, high quality protein, slowly processed carbohydrates and loaded with vitamins & minerals and antioxidants!
* The health benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids are becoming widely known. What is not as well known is that the chia seed is THE BEST source of Omega-3. CHIA SEED IS BETTER THAN FISH OIL & FLAX SEED!
* Chia seed is high in protein and high in calcium. 5 times the calcium of milk, 631 mg per 100 grams of seed.
* Chia seed is rich in antioxidant oils.
* Chia contains chlorogenic acid, and caffeic acid as well as myricetin, quercetin, and kaempferol flavonols. These compounds are both primary and synergistic antioxidants that contribute
to the strong antioxidant activity of chia.
* Chia seed is also low in sodium. Only 19 mg per 100 grams.