Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gardein Protein

Thanks to Gardein for sending me coupons to sample their meat free meals. The three I chose were amazing! Great alternatives to meat and they are very healthy for you! Gardein makes both fresh and frozen products. I recommend you try these if you are looking for a change or are vegetarian and want to try something very similar tasting to meat! You will not be disappointed!

I chose:

* chick'n filets- These are lightly rubbed in herbs and spices. One serving has 120 calories, 2 grams fat, 7 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 1 gram sugar and 20 grams protein.

* tuscan breasts- these come in a tomato and basil sauce. One breast has 150 calories, 2.5 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fats, 11 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, 1 gram sugar and 22 grams protein.

* BBQ Skewers- my favorite! One skewer has 140 calories, 2.5 grams fat, 0 grams trans fats, 10 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber and 19 grams protein.



BBQ Skewers:



Tuscan breasts: