Thursday, February 18, 2010

Salsa Day!

Today I was in salsa heaven! Thanks to Don Sabrosa's salsas. I told you I liked them :)

Breakfast was fluffy oatmeal egg whites with banana. I got this idea from Naomi at http://www.onefitfoodie.com/ Love her! My oats never look as good as hers. Did you see I used my new measureup bowl?

- 1/2 cup Nature's path oatmeal
- 3 egg whites
- cinnamon
- banana
- stevia

Directions: make oatmeal as usual. meanwhile, whip egg whites until fluffy, then fold them into oatmeal and nuke for like 2 more minutes. Top with cinnamon and sliced banana.



Workout:
- workout was ok. I felt good running, but wasn't in the mood to push myself. I am hoping saturday will be an 18 mile run, so I don't want to kill myself.

However, I lifted my lower body and felt awesome. My legs were aching.
- ran 4.10 miles on treadmill in 40 minutes
- lifted legs

I snacked on one of these. I LOVE Luna Bars. You can't go wrong with clif bar (who happens to also make luna bars). My favorite company.



A little later I had black beans and veggies topped with Don Sabrosa Black Bean and Corn Salsa.

- veggies: I used summer squash, zucchini, carrots and red pepper
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 2 tablespoon Don Sabrosa's



I also tried a new recipe: Almond Meal Crusted Chicken. It was so easy to make! Low carb!

- 3 ounces chicken, sliced thin
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 cup almond meal
- benson's seasonings (any seasonings will work)

Directions: Dip chicken in egg white and then almond meal/seasoning mix. Bake in oven at 350 for about 20 minutes. Ridiculously awesome :) I love almond meal.



I ate mine on top of a salad with Don Sabrosa's Roasted Blueberry, Peaches and Honey Salsa



My next meal was so Roasted Eggplant and Cheese Pasta.

- eggplant: cut in chunks and roasted at 400 for about 35 minutes
- 2 ounces of fiber gourmet pasta
- 1 ounce cabot 75% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Don Sabrosa's Roasted Garlic Salsa

Diections: Cook and drain pasta. Mix in roasted eggplant. Top with small chunks of cheese and mix so it gets melted. Top with salsa.




OK, dinner and snack to come later. I am hitting a salad bar now with my friend.

I LOVE, LOVE short work weeks. Tomorrow is Friday! :)

Hope everyone is having an awesome Thursday!

I'll be back later with dinner and some more product reviews....