Thursday, February 11, 2010

Operation Increase my Metabolism

This post is dedicated to April at Foodsofapril.com. If you haven't checked out her site and yummy recipes, please go check it out. April posted an article here on her blog and keeps progress here. It is such an inspiration for me since I am trying to increase my calories. Like April, I figured I was short so I could eat fewer calories. I honestly thought 1200-1400 was enough for me to feel healthy. It isn't. I was tired, moody and b*tchy. I didn't really realize it until I have recently increased the number of calories I am eating and I feel so much more energized and happy. Plus, I am half greek and half Italian, So you know I love to eat :) Thanks April for opening my eyes. (P.S. be sure to check out her major progress pics!)

I woke up this morning and made some Jay Robb Blueberry Protein Powder Pancakes.

- 1 packet Jay Robb Rice Protein Powder (I used vanilla)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, separated in 2 handfuls
- packet purevia

Directions: blend in blender with 1/4 cup blueberries. Cook on non-stick skillet and top with 1/4 cup defrosted heated blueberries.



WORKOUT: I had another awesome workout. Today my legs and butt have been sore since I have increased my speed on the treadmill. I love having sore muscles from exercising. Makes me feel like I worked them hard. I know tomorrow I will take it easy since I have my first marathon training run saturday.

treadmill: ran for 40 minutes: 6.8-7.2 pace
weights: lifted legs, hamstrings, quads and calves.

*Boston marathon training starts SATURDAY morning!* I know I am a bit late, but I had a crazy winter. I need to get myself motivated the next 2 months.

I had a turkey and hummus sandwich pre-workout at work.

- 2 slices Arnold's Double Protein Bread
- 3 slices turkey
- red pepper hummus
- cabbage (instead of lettuce)
- mustard


For snack, I made a baked eggplant, hummus, cheese and turkey melt.
- baked eggplant slices
- 3 slices turkey choppped
- tablespoon garlic hummus
- 1 ounce cabot 75% reduced fat all natural cheese
I first baked the eggplant at 400 in the oven. I then topped with turkey, grated cheese and a dollop of hummus. When I got to work, I put it into the microwave and the cheese melted. It was awesome.




For lunch, I had a turkey and macadamia nut coleslaw/salad. I love that macadamia nutbutter is the consistency of salad dressing.
- cabbages, carrots and onion
- sliced turkey
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut butter
I made my shopped the cabbage and veggies in bite size pieces and topped with turkey. Then I drizzled it with macadamia nutbutter.

And for dessert: a yummy perfect foods lite bar. See my review here.

And the stars of tonight's dinner:
I made a cabbage, carrot and onion stir-fry and topped it with these two awesome toppings:


well, I am soo tired right now. I am off to bed early tonight.
Good night everyone!
P.S. Be sure to enter "Everyday Foodie's" favorite foods giveaway here http://everydayfoodiecanada.blogspot.com/2010/02/this-morning-i-awoke-to-smell-of.html#comment-form