Monday, February 8, 2010

One Day Down, Four to go :)

Hi everyone,
Hope you had a nice Monday! I woke up on the right side of the bed and was in the best mood.

I started the day off with breakfast: 2 slices of Arnold's double protein bread toasted with 2 tablespoons better 'n peanut butter chocolate spread. I LOVE this bread. It's so good. One slice has 7 grams protein.


Workout:
- 40 minutes on the treadmill (6.6-6.8 speed)- about 4.30-4.40 miles
- upper body weight lifting (more on this later)
New Product Find: The generous people at Fit Deck sent the following exercise playing cards to review.
From their website: "FitDeck is a unique deck of 56 playing cards containing illustrations and instructions describing over 50 different exercises, stretches, and movements.
These ‘no-equipment’ FitDecks contain exercises that require only your bodyweight to perform."
FitDeck was created with a simple premise – make exercise simple, convenient, and fun – and people will stay motivated. With this in mind, the most basic way to use FitDeck and FitDeck Booster cards is as follows:
* Warm up (3-5 minutes)
* Stretch
* Shuffle cards
* Draw a card and flip it over
* Perform exercise
* Repeat as desired
* Cool down and stretch
Using 1-minute per card as a guide, draw the number of cards consistent with your fitness level and time available:
For example: 20 minutes = 20 cards. Flip a card- perform exercise- repeat.
I really liked these cards because it kept me motivated to do the same exercise for more than 30 seconds. I am one of those people who goes to the gym with no plan in mind. I lift until my arms hurt or until I lose motivation. I NEED TO work on being more focused and having a goal in mind when I lift weights! I thought of hiring a personal trainer, butI am kind of unpredictable with schedules and stuff. These cards helped me to stay focused and try to do each exercise for a full minute. Also, I don't know the name of any exercises, so these cards helped me sinceeach card gives you the name of the exercise, the body part worked, exercise movements and exercise description/instructions. It also allows you to vary your exercise, based on whether you are beginning, advanced or intermediate. I actually took a combo of the upper body exercises from all three and shuffled them up. I had a great workout, my arms were very tired when I wad done. I really liked these cards. On Friday, I used the legs and they were burning when done. I can't wait to try abs next! THANK YOU FITDECK for sending me these to review.

After my workout, I headed outside to go get my car down the street at the municipal parking lot. Wow, it was COLD this morning. I then ate my homemade chocolate oat protein bar:

Homemade protein bar:
- 1 tablespoon Nature's Path oatmeal
- 1/2 scoop of Tera's whey chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon naturally nutty peanut butter toffee
- packet purevia
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened almond chocolate breeze

Directions: I mixed it all up and put in a small tupperware container. It was so good, but I needed to eat it with a fork.



My lunch at work: Crazy Richard's Peanut Butter and veggies. The best combo! I seriously crave Peanut butter, steamed cabbage, carrots and other veggies, is that weird?? I would eat crazy Richard's on anything.

- red and green cabbage
- napa cabbage
- carrots
- celery
- soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Crazy Richard's PB



For dessert, a Zone Perfect Food Indulgence bar that they sent me. Yes dessert! I called it dessert because it tastes SO good. Today was the caramel coffee. I froze it at work and it tasted awesome! One bar has 180 calories, 6 grams fat, 3.5 grams saturated fat, 0 trans fats, 21 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, 11 grams sugar and 11 grams of protein. Thank you zone perfect for sending me this bar to sample.




And then later in the day I snacked on this raw crunch bar and a red apple. I must say I love the raw crunch bar. Today's flavor was Goji Berries. One bar has only 150 calories, 10 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fats, 10 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, 5 grams sugar and 5 grams protein. This is such a tasty bar. I love that it's all natural and tastes great.

Good news! I got a hold of the my neighbor... finally!! I called my condo complex and got her number and left her a message. She called me back and was very apologetic and I could tell it was truly an accident and she was very grateful I didn't tow her. So, I felt it was all worth the hassle. I would have felt terrible getting her towed. Felt great parking in my own spot tonight again :)

I also had a salad at work at around 5PM. We ordered bertucci's at work and they had leftovers, so I helped myself. One can never eat too much veggies :)

I then went to my parents house to say hi and give my cute little niece a hug and kiss. It amazes me how my niece just gets cuter and cuter everyday. I forgot my camera again, but I will post pics soon.

And when I got home, I was STILL CRAVING my Crazy Richard's Peanut Butter.

OK, well I am watching some NCIS and off to make some macadamia nut butter and meals for tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great night!