Monday, February 22, 2010

I feel like a (new) woman!!!

Wow, what a difference a day makes. I feel soooo much better. I actually started feeling better after breakfast. Unfortunately, the boyfriend is still very sick :( His symptoms are a lot worse than mine. We both ended up having to take the day off work. I am all set to go back tomorrow, but I am not sure if he is going to. I have a doc's appointment in the afternoon. Luckily, I called my doctor today and she said she is convinced I have the stomach flu after I told her my symptoms.

However, no gym today :( I KNOW I needed the rest, but I just hate skipping the gym.

Anyways, so after my 13 hours of sleep (which is like 3 nights of sleep for me), I woke up starving. I had 2 slices of Arnold Double Protein Bread with 1 tablespoon krema products peanut butter.

(Well, I started off with one slice of bread with 1 tablespoon peanut butter... but got hungry and ate another slice later.)


Immediately after breakfast, I felt 100% better and felt so relieved.

I roasted my kabocha squash that I bought yesterday.

- I topped the first 1/2 with 2 tablespoons krema products peanut butter.

I then roasted topped the second half (with a roasted carrot) with one tablespoon krema products almond butter and one tablespoon krema products cashew butter.


After calling the doc this afternoon, I told her what I was eating and she said that I should eat soups for the rest of the afternoon since I could be dehydrated. I never know what to eat when I am sick.
I had some Progresso Soup Chicken Barley Soup in my measureup bowl. Not sure if you can tell by the lines on the bowl, but it measured exactly 2 cups, as the bowl said it was.


I was still hungry around 5, so I decided to have another bowl of soup. Progresso Chicken noodle. It hit the spot.


I ate it with a Dr. Kracker Cracker. LOVE THESE!

And Dinner was back to normal! My yummy nut butter stirfry.
- veggies: carrots, broccoli, cabbage, red cabbage
- kikkoman teriyaki sauce

So, I recently decided not to watch food network at night anymore. I am trying to watch non-food shows. So, I saw "The Devil Wears Prada." I hadn't seen it in a long time. This movie hit me on so many levels tonight. I don't want to say too much, but I could relate a lot to the main character and how she felt about her job. It was refreshing watching it, since I am no longer in the situation. But, I remember feeling the way the main character felt that she "had no choice" but to deal with it. I felt the same way, and put my family and friends through hell. I was so miserable and my life centered around my job. I am no longer in that situation and I am so much happier because of it :) But it did affect my self-esteem for some period of time afterwards.
OK, well I am off to bed... debating eating more since I am kind of full from dinner still.
Hope everyone has a great night!
Kristin