Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Homemade Chocolate Hummus!

Happy Tuesday Everyone. I just got home from work.

So, last night before I went to bed, I made some macadamia nut butter! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE macadamia nut butter. It's the perfect consistency as a sauce on veggies or on salad as a salad dressing. It's so liquidy. All I did was roast some macadamia nuts in the oven at 300 for about 10 minutes and threw it all int he food processor. I call it my liquid crack :)



This morning's breakfast was oatmeal pancakes and bananas.
- 1/2 cup Nature's Path Oatmeal
- 3 egg whites
- cinnamon
- purevia
- sliced banana

I mixed all the ingredients but the bananas in the magic bullet.


My workout was great! I felt so strong this morning. I ran on the treadmill and worked out my legs:

- treadmill: 6.8-7.0 on treadmill. Ran about 4.70 miles.

- legs: combination of leg extensions, calf raises, and another exercise that worked the hammy's. I forget the name of it.

Breakfast number 2 consisted of a French Meadow Bakery bagel with some butter buds topping. Wow, it was so good. I normally don't eat bagels, but these bagels have only 270 calories and 15 grams of protein each!

I snacked on some chocolate hummus at work. This is the simplest, yet yummiest ever. I ate the whole batch at work! Next time I make it I would like to try it with agave.
Homemade chocolate hummus
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 cup almond breeze
- stevia
Directions: mix it all up in magic bullet.


I then dove into my macadamia nut butter covered roasted broccoli at work. I roasted the broccoli then drizzled with macadamia.


And then I tried a Kardea Bar that Kardea was very nice to send me to sample. They sent me four flavors to sample:
- banana nut
- chai
- lemon ginger
- cranberry almond
From the website: Kardea enables and empowers people to manage their cholesterol naturally and nutritiously. We celebrate living life well and living life naturally. We create and market the delicious natural foods, quality supplements and educational materials that allow each of us to better manage our cholesterol levels and improve our overall cardiovascular health. We’re committed to a deep and honest understanding of the evolving science supporting natural cholesterol management. To that end, we will actively partner with and support research that furthers the understanding of the power of nutrition to actively improve cardiovascular health.
I tried the banana nut first. It was yummy and very sweet. The texture was very soft and melted in my mouth. One bar has only 150 calories, 5 grams fats, 0 grams trans fats, 21 grams carbs, 7 grams fiber, 11 grams sugar, and 7 grams protein. Thank you again Kardea for sending me these bars.


And then my 5PM snack... one of my fave bars: luna bar white chocolate macadamia! This bar is just so ridculously good.

So tomorrow we are expecting a SNOW STORM! Hope they call off work :) I live about 5 minutes from my work, so I am pretty lucky. Hopefully it won't be too bad. IS IT SUMMER YET?
ok, off to make some dinner... I am thinking macadamia nut butter with veggies :) Big shocker :)
Have a great night everyone.