Monday, February 22, 2010

Home Sick with the Flu :(

So, this morning I am home with the flu :( Ugh, it's the worst feeling. I am feeling a little bit better, as I slept 13 hours, but I haven't eaten anything since about 4PM yesterday. It's now 8AM. My stomach feels a bit sour, so I am afraid to eat anything. I tried to lie down again, but I am just not tired. I guess 13 hours of sleep worked :) Unfortunately, I also had a docto

So, yesterday was my "off day." Sundays are my rest days and I don't workout. I went and did my weekly shopping for veggies at russo's. I woke up at 7AM and felt awful. I thought for sure I had food posioning.

Breakfast was an egg white, cheddar cheese and peanut butter scramble. I got this recipe from http://www.mrbreakfast.com/, but I eliminated the bacon bits.

- 4 egg whites
- next generation dairy organic cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon krema products peanut butter



It was so good, I was craving more peanut butter and eggs. This time I wanted a sweet version; Cinnamon-y Peanut Butter Eggs

- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon krema products peanut butter
- cinnamon
- stevia





For lunch, I used Stef's idea and mixed my salsa with hummus for a perfect dressing:

- salad (lettuce, tomato, pickles, cucumbers, green peppers)
- 2 tablespoons Don Sabrosa roasted garlic salsa mixed with 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper hummus



After the salad, I felt sick.... I only ate 1/2 of it. I made sure I ate all the cheese, though... An hour later I still felt so hungry and snacked on some pretzels.


Lastly, frozen banana with Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee Peanut Butter.



And that was the last thing I ate. I got home at 5:00 PM, took a hot, hot shower and then went to bed. I woke up at 6:30 AM.
That would be 13 hours of sleep!
OK, I am off to make some toast with peanut butter....