Friday, February 12, 2010

The countdown to marathon training begins...

OK, so I am officially in "pump up mode" to begin training for the marathon. I NEED to be because I am so late in training. I kind of have a bad habit of undertraining in the winter before the Boston Marathon. Can you blame me, though? It's freezing out there! And running on the treadmill for hours is torture. Unfortunately, the weather won't suit me tomorrow, so I am stuck on the treadmill. That's ok, I just have to make sure I am armed with my ipod and tv :) I am lucky my gym is in the basement of my apartment complex and it's fairly nice and spacious for a home gym. The only problem there is a mirror on the wall in front of me. I hate looking at myself when I run...

So, I woke up this morning and had Chocolate Banana Yogurt Ice Cream. I took some Oikos greek yogurt and put it into a bowl. I mixed it with some hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder and stevia. Then I added chopped banana and froze it. One the side, I also had a yummy cranbran vita top.


My workout felt incredible. I feel so much stronger lately. And I like waking up and feeling a bit more sore than usual. This morning I woke up and my butt was sore.
workout:
- ran 4.5 miles on the treadmill
- upper body weight training
After working out, I headed to work and had a sandwich.
- 3 slices turkey
- cabbage
- 1 tablespoon hummus

A couple of hours later I ate roasted eggplant and hummus on Foods Alive flax crackers. This was a very filling snack at work
- 1 small eggplant, roasted in oven at 400 and cut into slices
- dollop of hummus


my next meal was a tasty salad. I topped it with foods alive raw hulled hemp seed. I also tried foods alive flax dressing. Yummy!
- salad base (lettuce, cabbages)
- carrots
- turkey
- foods alive raw hemp hulled seeds
- foods alive "Mike's special" flax oil dressing

I later snacked on Kathy's raw crunch bar and an apple.


I then came home from work and tried a package of these fiber gourmet cheese snacks that the company sent me to sample. Thank you fiber gourmet for sending them to me to sample! As you can see, there are only 50 calories for the handful below! They tasted a little bit more crunchier than regular cheez-it's. They were very crunchy and the taste of cheese was a bit milder than regular cheez-it's. Also, they are loaded with fiber. 8 grams for the whole bag.

Last, but not least... dinner! I made a macadmia nut butter stiry fry with flax and foods alive hemp seeds. I can't help it, but my nut butter stirfries are just so addicting.
- cabbage
- carrots
- teriyaki sauce (I used kikkoman)
- onion
- celery
- Foods Alive raw hulled hemp seed
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut butter
Sooooooo hit the spot!
OK, I might sound lame, but it's time for me to hit the sack. Getting up early to hit the treadmill!
Night everyone!