Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2 of my fave high protein product reviews,

Hey Everyone!
So last night after I blogged I made myself a macadamia nut butter stirfry. I used red cabbage, green cabbage, napa cabbage, onion and celery. I used soy sauce and macadamia nutbutter, so I am sure my salt intake was through the roof.



So, I came home last night and found more samples of one of my favorite protein powders. Thank you to Jay Robb for sending me samples of their brown rice and egg white protein powders. I just LOVE Jay Robb. Seriously, for an all natural protein powder, this stuff is AWESOME! I've tried some other natural sweeteners and they taste more artifical than protein powders with splenda in it.



This morning's breakfast was Banana Chocolate Protein Ice Cream. I used one frozen banana, 1/2 cup almond breeze, 1 packet Jay Robb's chocolate flavored egg white protein powder. I mixed into my bullet and froze it and was AWESOME in the morning.



I had one of these kashi bars on the side:



WORKOUT:
- my workout was awesome! I have recently increased my calories as I start training for the marathon and I just felt I needed to for my overall health :) Wow, my energy has increased. My butt is a bit sore from my run. I love that feeling of soreness.

treadmill: ran 4.5-4.6 miles in 40 minutes (6.8-7.0 speed)
weights: arms (biceps, triceps, upper body)

While at work, I snacked on one of my FAVE NEW PROTEIN BARS: PERFECT FOODS BAR. These bars are just so awesome. This time I tried the carob chip. OMG, INCREDIBLE! It was like eating a big bar of peanut butter and chocolate. (note to self: hide from boyfriend). I actually couldn't lie and told him how awesome they are and he begged me to try this flavor, too. One bar has 283 calories, 15 grams fat, no trans fats, 26 grams carbs, 17 grams sugar and 18 whopping grams protein. Thank you to Perfect foods. You have two new customers for life.



I left work early because of the "snow storm." I know some other people got hit hard, but Boston was a joke. No snow really at all. I love when they do that and I get to leave work early :)

When I got home, I made macadamia nutbutter, hummus and onion egg white scramble. This might sound like a weird combo but it was awesome.

- 4 egg whites
- tablespoon hummus
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut butter
- small onion

Directions: saute onions. remove from pan. In same pan, scrambled egg whites. Add back onions and mix. Remove from heat and top with hummus and macadamia nut butter.



About two hours later I made a sandwich with the Arnold bread Arnold bakery so kindly sent me to sample. These are just awesome. ONLY 100 calories each! I bought the 100% whole wheat kind. These breads have 0 trans fats, 19 grams of whole grain, cholesterol free, and have no high fructose corn syrup.

Turkey and hummus sandwich
- Arnold's whole wheat 100 calorie thin
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- turkey
- cabbage
- mustard



At 5 PM, I had a slice of these Dr. Kracker crackers that they sent me to sample. I love these thick, crunchy crackers. One sheet has

I then made some roasted butternut squash with krema products crunchy peanut butter.

- cut butternut squash in chunks. top with sea salt and roast in oven at 400 for about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Top with Crazy Richard's and cinnamon. I am almost out of all my Crazy Richard 's :(



Dinner was a repeat of last night.... told you I am addicted. I have this serious problem. I can never keep macadamia nutbutter in my house longer than a week.... this is why I barely buy it.

Stirfry cabbage, carrots, celery, onion with macadamia nut butter:


I hope none of you got stuck in the snow. I heard other places got hit pretty hard!!


Last but not least, be sure to enter Evan's yogurt maker giveaway http://foodmakesfunfuel.com/2010/02/09/like-yogurt/

I would LOVE to make my own yogurt.