Saturday, January 23, 2010

Roasted Tomato Onion and Tuna Salad

Note: I love, love grilled veggies on my salad. Thanks to Starkist for sending me a coupon to try out their starkist tuna creations. These are AWESOME! Protein on the go... you can't beat that! This packet was herb and garlic. Went pefect with my salad. And I didn't have to touch the tuna at all, like when I make it out of the can and my hands smell fishy. These are perfect to take to work.

Ingredients:
- salad
- tomato
- yellow onion
- packet starkist tuna creations
- dressing: white balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard and truvia

Directions: Cut onion and tomato in slices. Lay flat on parchment lined paper and top with sea salt. Bake in oven at 400 for an hour. Mean while, prepare lettuce on plate. Top with one package herb garlic tuna and then roasted veggies. Drizzle dressing on top.

Starkist tuna creations:
As mentioned above, these are awesome... and very creative! There are tuna, albacore and salmon creations. All which are easy to take on the go and high protein.

To learn more about their creations, visit http://www.starkist.com/pouch/Creations.html.