Monday, January 11, 2010

Roasted Banana with Cinnamon Yogurt

Note: oh wow, this is an awesome dessert. I roasted the banana in the skin since it brings out the sweetness more of the banana.

My review of StonyField Farms Greek Yogurt
Wow, I really did like this yogurt. It was definitely very thick, which I love! I love that it's organic, too! As you might have noticed, I switched over to eating more naturally over the past few months, so this is perfect. One 5.3 oz cup of the plain flavor only has 80 Calories, No fat, only 6 grams of sugar, and 15 whopping grams of protein!! I love greek yogurts because they go with so many things. You can use them in both sweet and savory dishes. You can eat with fruit, granola, as a replacement for mayo, sour cream. It's very versatile. The 5.3 oz cup is also easy to take on the go. The pint container is perfect for using in baking.

I highly recommend you try this tasty yogurt! Organic, non fat, high in protein and delicious!


Thank you again to Stonyfield for allowing me to try your yogurt, I will definitely be stocking up on these!

Ingredients:
- 1 container Sontyfield Oikos non fat plain greek yogurt
- cinnamon
- piece of very finely minced ginger
- truvia

Directions: Cut banana in 1/2 lengthwise. Roast flesh side up at 300 for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, mix ginger, cinnamon, truvia and yogurt thoroughly. Add in sliced banana.