Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kettle Brand Hickory Honey Barbeque (Product Review)

Note: Thanks to Kettle for sending me a couple of Hickory Honey Barbeque chips to sample. My sister loved them so much she ate the bag in one day :) She couldnt believe how good they are. Me neither! If you had blindfolded me and taste tested me, I probably wouldn't have guessed they are as healthy as they are. These chips are just so awesome. As you can see from the front of the bag, they have 65% less fat than regular potato chips. One serving/20 chips (see pic below- I measured in grams to show you) has only 120 calories, 3 grams fat, 0 trans fats, 21 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 1 gram sugar and 3 grams protein. That's a big portion for so few calories! I definitely recommend you go out and try these chips. I saw them at whole foods this week and my local grocery store.

Ingredients: Potatoes, safflower and/or sunflower oil, honey powder (cane
sugar, honey), salt, onion powder, tomato powder, paprika, yeast extract, torula
yeast, chili peppers, garlic powder, citric acid, paprika extract, natural hickory
smoke flavor (maltodextrin, natural hickory smoke flavor).

The hickory smoked flavor is both sweet and salty. It is just so awesome. They come in other flavors, too, that I can't wait to try: salt and pepper, sea salt and vinegar, aged white cheddar, and lightly salted.

To learn more about these delicious chips, visit http://www.kettlefoods.com/our_products/baked_chips/#/our_products/baked_chips/?pid=18