Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kenzoil EVOO (Product Review)

Note: Thanks to kenzoil for sending me this bottle of extra virgin olive oil seasoned with herbs and spices. Wow, this was awesome. I used it as a dressing for my salad below and it was yummy. We all know EVOO is a superior olive oil and this is even greater because the spices are already added. And I have a tendency to be lazy or forgetful when it comes to spices. I am already thinking of a number of ways I can use this oil: on top of veggies, as a marinade, stir fries, over my shirataki noodles... oh yah, these will be making an upcoming appearance in recipes. And I love the nutritional stas: all natural, no added sugar, no preservatives... just the stuff I am looking for! I recommend you try this oil!

For more info, visit http://www.kenzoil.com/index.php. Be on the lookout for upcoming recipes featuring this yummy oil.

From their website:
Kenzoil is a delicious blend of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, fresh garlic and spices. Use Kenzoil as a salad dressing, dipping oil, pasta sauce, marinade and much more. Kenzoil is also great on sandwiches, stir fry, eggs, veggies, etc. Not only does Kenzoil taste amazing, but it will save you time in the kitchen. All of the herbs are already mixed in with the oil. Just open up the bottle and pour on your favorite salad, pasta, veggies, sandwiches, etc.

Kenzoil is all natural, healthy and meets a wide variety of dietary needs.
* All-Natural *Vegan * Raw *Dairy & Casein Free * Gluten Free * Nut Free
* Low Sodium (45mg/serving) * No Preservatives, additives or MSG * No Vinegar
* No Sugar *Kosher

Kenzoil's ingredients list is simple: cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, fresh garlic and spices.

Kenzoil Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size: 1 tablespoon (15 ml)
Per serving:
Calories: 100
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 45mg (2% DV)
Total Carb: 0g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 0g

I used Kenzoil as a salad dressing with chicken.
Ingredients:
- Salad (lettuce, tomato, cukes, pickles, onions, green pepper)
- 3 ounces chicken
- 1 tablespoon kenzoil