Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Volumized Veggie Oatmeal (Squash and Zucchini)

Note; So, this started off as a pumpkin Zucchini loaf and I failed MISERABLY! For some reason, it just wouldn't hold. So, by accident, I found a way to make "volumous oats." If you add shredded zucchini, egg whites and pumpkin to oats and microwave it, it double the size of your oats for very few calories. I had heard of people adding veggies to their oats, such as spinach and pumpkin, but never really had the desire to try it considering I think I already get my fair share of veggies in my diet :) But, this was really good. You couldn't even taste the veggies.

Ingredients:
- Oats (1/4 cup)
- shredded wheat bran (1/4 cup)
- pumpkin ( 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 2 egg whites
- cinnamon
- truvia

Directions: Mix all ingredients in a bowl. I baked mine for abour 20-30 minutes and the refridgerated them over night. In the morning, I microwaved on high for about 1 minute. The oats were double the size of a regular bowl of oats... and I had eaten a majority of it "taste testing."