Thursday, December 31, 2009

Roasted Tomatoes and Roasted Tomato Sauce

Note: I was inspired by this after watching Robin Miller today. She's great, I always think her food looks awesome. And like me, she's an Italian!

ROASTED TOMATOES

Ingredients:
- tomato
- sea salt
- seasoning: I used Benson's all natural salt substitute seasoning

directions: Cut tomatoes into chunks, so flesh side is up. Salt and season tomatoes. Roast in oven at 400 for 30 minutes.





Tomato Sauce
- Using my roasted tomatoes above, I pureed with a bit of vinegar and onion to make a tomato sauce. This sauce can be used for Chicken, on low carb noodles, etc.
Ingredients:
- roasted tomatoes (see above)
- onion, cooked on skillet
- balsamic vinegar
- minced garlic
Directions: Take roasted tomato and puree with garlic, onion and balsamic vinegar.