Monday, December 14, 2009

Kaia Foods Fruit Leather - Vanilla Pear

Note: Thank you to Nick from Kaia Foods for sending me these delicious leather fruits to sample. I love the Company Kaia Foods and am so greatful to have been introduced to this company through blogging. I love their philosophy around food, community service and life in general. (visit their website http://www.kaiafoods.com/, so you know what I mean.)

I got to sample this vanilla pear fruit leather. One pack has only 60 calories! It tasted like a fruit rollup, but these have a more stiff texture. I love the fact that there are no added sugars, except for some extract. Regular fruit rollups are loaded with sugar. If you are looking for a good substitute for those sugary snacks or other snacks for your kids, these are perfect. They taste so good!

Ingredients: pear*, banana*, vanilla extract*. (*organic)