Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thank You YouBars! (Product Review) and Chocolate Soy Banana Ice Cream!

Note: Thank you to YouBar for sending me samples of their bars, shake mixes and trail mixes. YouBar is a cool company because you can customize your own bars, shakes and trail mixes. Seriously, how many times have you tried a certain bar, shake or trail mix and wished they hadn't put a certain ingredient in there. And trail mixes? I am a known "picker" when it comes to trail mixes. I pick out the ingredients I like and leave ones I don't like behind :) By customizing, you will like everything! For more info, visit http://www.youbars.com/.

Samples I received include:

YouBars
- Honey Cashew
- Great Date with Chocolate
- Breakfast Bar

YouShakes
- Blended Bliss
- Breakfast Shake
- Vanilla Dream

YouTrailMix
- Mix up your Day
- Almond Drops

As I sample these items, I will give you more detail on the nutritional info and ingredients.

I have already sampled the breakfast shake (see below) and it tasted AWESOME. Be on the lookout for some of my reviews on the bars, shakes and trail mixes as I sample them. It made a delicious and creamy ice cream.









High Protein Soy Banana Ice Cream
Ingredients:
- Packet Youshake Breakfast Shake
- frozen banana
- ice cubes (4)
- 3 oz wildwood organic unsweetened plain soy milk
Directions:
- Blend all ingredients in blender.

Breakfast Shake: gives you a delicious, chocolaty order of cholesterol-free egg whites, calcium-rich whey protein, organic bananas and cocoa.
Ingredients: Whey Protein, Egg White Powder, Organic Cane Juice, Cocoa Powder, Organic Bananas.
Nutrition info:
Calories: 100
Fat: 1 gram
Carbs: 11 grams
Sugar: 9 grams
Protein: 15 grams