Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Somersault Cookies (Product Review)

Note: Thanks to Somersault Snack Company for sending me these delicious nuggets to sample. I was very interested in how they were going to taste, since the main ingredient was sunflower seeds. Well, lucky for you, you have more than one reviewer of this product. Not only did I sample, but my boyfriend, mom, dad, bro in law, and sister all tasted as well... and we all loved them. Not only did they get raving reviews from my fam (whom I might add always makes fun of my healthy food), but they were surprised at how good for you they are. One serving of the chez cocoa cookies have 150 calories, 6 grams of fat (good fats), 0 grams trans fats, 16 grams carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 5 grams of sugar and 6 grams of protein. I definitely recommend you try these out!

They come in 3 flavors:
Chez Cocoa (my favorite!)- obviously, these were my favorite... but my boyfriend described them as tasting like "cocoa crisp" cereal. He wanted to dip them in a bowl of milk. I personally wanted some peanut butter with them :)

S.S. Sea Salt- These were my sister's favorite. They are more savory than sweet. They were surprisingly very good. I wasn't sure how they would taste, but I was pleasantly surprised

Salty Pepper- These were my mom's favorite. Tasted like the sea salt but with pepper. Left my tongue tingling. Again, another very good cookie.

From their website: Whether you crave rich cocoa, a touch of sea salt or zesty cracked pepper, there's a Somersault Snack to satisfy everyone in the family... We believe that the best foods are made from a few simple ingredients—foods that both nourish and delight us. With the creation of Somersaults, our food philosophy is truly simple: each of our flavors are made with all-natural, pure ingredients like toasted grains, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds combined with a delectable blend of spices and absolutely nothing artificial.

From our highest quality raw ingredients to the tasty goodness of our finished products, we know that healthy, all-natural ingredients are what matters most. We work with our suppliers to insure only the finest, quality ingredients are used in our Somersaults so you can feel as good sharing Somersaults with your family as we feel about sharing them with you.
























Chocolate Yogurt with Chez Cocoa Somersault Cookies
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup soyogurt (or any yogurt)- I used Pulmuone Wildwood organics soyogurt
- tablespoon cocoa powder
- packet truvia
- 10 somersaults (chez cocoa!)
Directions: Mix cocoa, truvia and yogurt. Top with somersault nuggets.