Saturday, November 7, 2009

Penny's Low Fat Peanut Butter Cookie (Product Review)

Note: Of course the first cookie I tried from Penny's was peanut butter flavored. These are a nice treat. Again, it's probably something I wouldn't eat everyday because of the amount of sugar, but it is DEFINITELY a nice treat every once in a while. I had it as a post run treat today and it hit the spot!

Peanut Butter Cookie
This was an absolutely delicious cookie. I was bit skeptical when I first saw it, but Penny proved me wrong. This was a moist cookie, and was nice and chewy, unlike those other rock hard dried up diet cookies out there. It also had yummy pieces of peanut butter chips in it and was just so good. I definitely tasted the peanut butter flavor, too. I am a huge fan of these cookies, especially considering that they are all natural, rich in whole grains, no high fructose corn syrup, very high fiber (7 grams!!) and no trans fats. And MAJOR BENEFIT: so tasty! (I know I have mentioned that a few times, but I am serious, this is a good cookie.) I also love that they are packaged individually, so I am not tempted to eat a whole box and they are convenient for on-the-go. Because, seriously, if they were not individually packaged, I probably would have eaten the whole package by now. I HIGHLY recommend you try this cookie! Way to go Penny!

NUTRITION FACTS: Serv Size: 1.8 oz (52g)
Amount/Serv: Calories 150
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Transfat 0g
Cholest. 0g
Sodium 160mg
Total Carb 38g
Fiber 7g (!!!)
Sugars 18g
Protein 3g