Saturday, November 7, 2009

Low Fat Donuts!!! (Holey Donuts) Product Review

Note: OH WOW! I came home and found an awesome surprise... 3 boxes of low fat and reduced fat donuts/cinnamon buns from holey donuts. These are by far one of the top low fat (reduced fat) desserts I have ever had in my life. I kid you not. Not only did I absolutely love them, but my sister, my boyfriend, my brother in low AND my brother were shocked that they were low fat/reduced fat. They didn't believe me. They were *AMAZING!* My sister and I decided to make today a Holey Donut Tasting Day. We sampled almost all the donuts and our tummies were very happy customers. Holey Donuts, you have a new life long customer with me :)

**BEWARE!!** THE FOLLOWING PICS BELOW WILL MAKE YOUR MOUTH WATER, CAUSING YOU TO DROOL... DO NOT VIEW WHILE IN PUBLIC.



These are the ridiculously sweet GINORMOUS reduced fat cinnamon rolls... we heated them up in the microwave and they were DELICIOUS! Cinnamon rolls in general are BY FAR one of my favorite desserts, so eating these I was in HEAVEN! They were very sweet, cinnamon, fluffy and delicious. The icing was super sweet and melted in my mouth. These cinnamon rolls smelled like the real deal when I heated them up in the microwave. Honestly, they were so good I would have them in place of the regular full fat cinnamon buns. No Joke.

Calories: 340
Total Fat: 5 grams
Sat Fat: 1 gram
Trans fat: 0 grams (!!)
Carbs: 68 grams
Sugars: 39 grams
Protein: 8 grams









They also sent me 6 of their donuts:
- Reduced Fat Fudge Boston Cream
- Reduced Fat Raspberry Vanilla Truffle
- Reduced Fat Caramel Apple
- Reduced Fat Blueberry Crumbcake
- Reduced Fat Lemon Graham Cracker
- Low Fat Vanilla Crumb

For their nutritional facts, see here http://www.holeydonuts.net/ebusiness/catalog/nutrition%20insert.pdf




The reduced fat caramel apple had a super sweet apple pie filling and was topped with a sugary topping and swirls of caramel. Definitely satisfied my sweet tooth! I ate it for a post run breakfast on Friday.








Reduced Fat Lemon Graham Cracker: Although lemon is not my favorite flavor, these were soo good. The lemon filling wasn't too tart and was balanced with sweetness. The topping was a delicious graham cracker flavoring.



Low Fat Vanilla Crumb: For those of you who don't prefer a sweet filling, this is a perfect light donut. ONLY 148 calories and 3 grams of fat for the whole donut!
Reduced Fat Raspberry Vanilla Truffle: This is COVERED in ICING and with the sweet rasberry jam filling, definitely was soo good. Because I heated it, the icing melted in my mouth. Definitely for anyone with a super sweet tooth.


Reduced Fat Fudge Boston Cream: My sister snagged these and she gave it two thumbs up!




Reduced Fat Blueberry Crumbcake: This was my favorite donut because I love blueberries. It had a blueberry pie filling... was covered with a sweet sugary topping.



And last but NOT least... donut holes...
- Low Fat Raspberry Vanilla Truffle
- Low Fat Boston Cream
- Low Fat Lemon Vanilla
Each of these donut holes had a super sweet filling. The Raspberry had a raspberry jam filling and vanilla icing topping; the boston cream had a creamy filling and chocolate topping; and the lemon vanilla had a lemon filling and vanilla topping. (am I stating the obvious?) See pics below. These are super delicious!
Serving size: 4 Donuts holes
Calories: 158 calories
Fat: 3 grams
Carbs: 31 grams
Sugars: 14 grams
Protein: 3.5 grams