Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dr. McDougall's Right Foods Soup- Minestrone (Product Review)

Note: The next soup I tried was Dr. McDougall's Minestrone. This soup contains vegetables, red kidney beans, whole grain barley and pasta. I love soups in general because they keep me warm in my cold office, are healthy and are filling! I used this soup as part of two of my meals today: one with Quorn Turk'y Burgers (meat free burger) and the other with Dr. Krackers Crackers. I thought this soup was great, like the others! The box itself contains only 140 calories, so I would probably never eat it as a meal on it's own. (I'm a pig!) However, you get a lot of bulk for only 140 calories. Plus, it's a great base for other ingredients, such as chicken, if you wanted to add it. Or I would eat it with a sandwich or crakers. The soup was absolutely delicious! It wasn't too salty. I love the fact that Dr. McDougall's soups are all natural, doesn't use genetically modified ingredients, and easy to take on the go. I highly recommend you try this flavor. I am a huge fan of Dr. McDougall's soups in general. So far, 2 for 2!

NUTRITION FACTS:
Serving Size 1 cup, 245g
Servings Per Container about 2
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 70
Calories from Fat 5
Total Fat 0.5g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 480mg
Total Carbohydrate 14g
Dietary Fibers 4g
Sugars 2g
Protein 3g


Best Ingredients: FILTERED WATER, VEGETABLES (TOMATOES, ONION, CARROTS, POTATOES, ZUCCHINI, CELERY, CABBAGE, PEAS, GREEN BEANS, GARLIC), RED KIDNEY BEANS, BARLEY, PASTA (DURUM WHEAT SEMOLINA FLOUR), NATURAL FLAVORS (NON ANIMAL SOURCE), POTATO STARCH, YEAST EXTRACT, SPICES, BASIL, ORGANIC EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, SEA SALT, MARJORAM.





Meal 3: Ate with some Dr. Kracker Krackers.














Meal 4: chopped up some Quorn turk'y burger and added some in.