Saturday, November 28, 2009

Clif Bar- Iced Gingerbread (Product Review)

Note: Thanks to Dean from Clif Bar, I got to try the Iced Gingerbread Clif bar. This was super delicious. My sister, another marathoner who loves her clif bars, had tried a piece and agreed. The texture and nutritional value are similar to other clif bars. I had this pre-workout and it fueled me for my run. This bar also had a nice sweet icing topping.... unlike the spiced pumpkin cookie, the icing (made of soy white chocolate) was drizzled over the top rather than coated. Even though there wasn't as much icing as the spiced pumpkin cookie, I thought this bar was sweeter tasting. I loved it. It also had a nice spicy flavor that I think was due to the crystallized ginger in the bar, as well as other spices, including cinnamon. In addition, this bar also contained raisins, which are my fave. I have still yet to meet a clif bar I absolutely did not love. Again, the Iced Gingerbread is available only for a limited time, so take advantage and stock up :)

Calories: 250
Total fat: 6 grams
Carbs: 43 grams
Dietary Fiber: 4 grams
Insoluble Fiber: 3 grams
Sugars: 22 grams
Protein: 10 grams

For more information, visit www.clibar.com