Friday, November 6, 2009

Better Whey of Life French Vanilla (Product Review)

Note: Thanks to Better Whey of Life, I got to sample the french vanilla. Better Whey of Life sells whey-protein enhanced yogurt. It has 30% less sugar and 3 times more protein than regular yogurts. I love yogurt in general because it is a great source of calcium and contains probitics, which aid in healthy digestion.

French vanilla: I wasn't sure whether this yogurt would be more like the yoplait yogurts out there or the chobani yogurts (Greek, thick) out there. I felt like it was a cross :) The french vanilla had a slightly tangy/tart taste to it like Greek yogurt, but wasn't overly thick like greek yogurts. I like the fact that it has less sugar than other yogurts, since I am always watching my sugar intake. Also, there is no "fruit at the bottom." I like to put my yogurts in the freezer and make "ice cream" out of them, so these I can just throw in the freezer rather than opening, mixing and freezing. I mixed my yogurt with some peanut butter for a yummy morning snack. I recommend this yogurt as part of a healthy diet. This is a convenient on-the-go snack.

Calories:145
Fat: .5 grams
Carbs: 23 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 15 grams (!!!)