Saturday, November 21, 2009

Baked Turnip Fries

Note: OK, I love the fact that I have a blog that focuses on new recipes or else I would eat the same thing everyday. I saw this little guy at the supermarket and bought it not knowing what to make with it. It's a turnip. I never have had one in my life or I did and didn't know about it. What did I decide to do with it? BAKED FRIES! I saw some recipes and instead of using the traditional toppings, I decided it would go great with none other than... ALMOND BUTTER!

Ingredients:
- 1/2 turnip
- seasonings (garlic and salt.... or chili powder... or plain salt and pepper. I used salt only since I had almond butter)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. Cut turnip in 1/2 and peel 1/2. Cut into french fry pieces. Lay parchment paper on baking tray. Add turnip slices. top with salt. Cook for about 20 minutes, flipping and checking every once in a while.