Monday, September 14, 2009

Homemade Peanut Butter!!!

Note: I came home from work and discovered the worst thing ever! I was OUT OF PEANUT BUTTER!! :( BUT, I bet you didn't know making peanut butter is SOOOO easy! SOO SOO EASY! And, if you make it at home, you can customize any way you want without all the preservatives. Sometimes I add cinnamon and raisins, sometimes flax, sometimes cayenne pepper and hot sauce for a spicy peanut butter, sometimes I mix with cocoa powder and sweetener... the opportunities are endless. Sometimes I mix it with a bit of coconut oil and refridgerate it and its like a hard cookie!

Ingredients:
Peanuts!
-salt, optional (I didn't use any because I might turn it into cinnamon raisin pb later)

Directions: Cook peanuts in a pan on 300 degree heat for about 15 minutes... they need to be lightly brown and will smell awesome! Pour in heavy duty processor and watch it turn into peanut butter!!!



I had licked the jar clean.... :)