Friday, September 4, 2009

Awesome Blossom

Note: One of the many (many!) reasons I don't have a boyfriend, I LOVE ONIONS. Here is my healthy awesome blossom recipe, partially derived from www.hungrygirl.com. This kicked butt :)

Ingredients:
- 1/2 tablespoon Barleans coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 egg white
- onion flakes
- garlic pepper salt
- garlic powder
- large onion (I used purple, but you should probably use a white or spanish one)

Directions: Cut the head off the onion and cut criss cross. Dunk in ice water so that the layers separate (you can pull them apart yourself). Remove and pat dry, place in a bolw with leaves up. Mix egg white and seasonings. Dunk over onion and in between layers. Drizzle coconut oil over it, and then flour. Bake in oven at 400 for 40-50 minutes.

You can use any toppings. I mixed balsamic vinegar with stevia and mustard (my faveorite dressing). You can use plain mustard, ketchup if you are not low-carbing it, soy sauce.