Sunday, August 9, 2009

Unsweetened Almond Milk

Note: If you follow my blog, you know I LOOOOOVE my unsweetened almond milk. I found this recipe online on making your own. Since I have about 3 cartons already in my house, it will be a while before I try it, but I thought I'd share with you until I try it myself.

It's from the wicked cool blog "Fit For Consumption." http://fit-for-consumption.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html They have other awesome recipes as well.

Almond Milk
(good for those who don't tolerate dairy milks) Makes six half-cup servings.

Ingredients:
-1 cup almonds
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups water

Directions: Place almonds in a heat-proof dish and pour boiling water over. Leave to soak overnight. The next day, place almonds and soaking water in a blender or food processor. Blend/process the nuts, then add the remaining water one cup at a time. Once all of the water has been added and blended, strain the almond milk into a container through a clean cotton tea towel or muslin cloth. Keep the resulting almond meal to use in other recipes.