Sunday, August 2, 2009

Low Carb Breads

Note: OK, I LOVE BREAD... I love my sandwiches. Seriously. I tell guys, if they want to win my heart over, take me to Panera, not some fancy Boston restaurant :)



When I changed my diet around and cut out breads, at first, I was miserable. Then I discovered low carb breads. Woo hoo.. I just went shopping and stocked up for the month!

Let me explain the whole "net effective carbs", in case none of you know... Most companies subtract the dietary fiber carbs from total carbs. For instance, if something has 15 grams of total carbs (9 of which are from dietary fiber), then they say the product has "6 net grams of carbs." (15-9= 6). I am an accountant, math is my strong point, haha... just kidding.

http://www.cedarsfoods.com/products-wraps.htm





Calories- 70
total fat - 1.5 gram
total carbs - 14g
dietary fiber- 9 gram
(therefore, 14-9 = 5grams)
Protein - 6 grams






- 40 calories a pita!!!!


Serving Size: 1 Tortilla (42g/1.5oz)
Servings Per Container: 6
Total Calories- 70
Calories From Fat-15

Total Fat -1.5g
Saturated Fat - og
Trans Fat - 0g
Total Carbohydrates -11g
Dietary Fiber - 6
Sugars - 1 g
Net CarbsMinus Fiber -5 g <---- (11 grams -6 grams =5 grams net carbs)
Protein- 7g


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/2 Lavash (1.13 oz/ 32g)Servings Per Container: 8
Total Calories- 50
Total Fat -2g
Saturated Fat - 0g
Trans Fat -0g
Cholesterol- 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates -7g
Dietary Fiber - 3g
Sugars- 0g
Show Net Carbs
Net CarbsMinus Fiber -4g <---- 7 grams - 3 grams = 4 grams
Protein -5 g