Saturday, August 15, 2009

Coconut Onion Rings

Note: I love onion rings. I was just hanging out with my sister and we were watching the food network. And the commercial for the "best thing I ever ate" was on. Where all the chefs talk about their favorite dishes. I asked her what hers was, and she said awesome blossom. So, I thought that would be my next meal.... well, a variation :) And, luckily, I am not kissing anyone tonight!

Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Barlean's coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour (can use regular if you don't have coconut or can even omit)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut
- 1 -2 onions (I used one whole yellow and one red)

Directions: Cook onions in coconut oil. Add coconut flour (I sprinkled it on top while cooking). Once done cooking, put it on a plate and sprinkle on coconut.















Nutrition Facts
User Entered Recipe
1 Serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories
261.0
Total Fat
19.5 g

Saturated Fat
16.9 g

Polyunsaturated Fat
0.3 g

Monounsaturated Fat
0.8 g
Cholesterol
0.0 mg
Sodium
33.0 mg
Potassium
172.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate
19.1 g

Dietary Fiber
7.9 g

Sugars
1.3 g
Protein
4.1 g