Sunday, August 30, 2009

3 Minute Chocolate Coconut Brownie

Note: I enjoyed my soy flour brownie so much, I decided to make a coconut flour brownie. I thought a one-for-one substitution would work, but it totally didn't. Came out much thicker batter. I added one more egg white and that seemed to do the trick. This came out less brownie-like looking (I used a bit less cocoa powder), but it tasted better than the soy flour. I ended up eating it with a spoon out the bowl. I didn't have any topping, but you could add peanut butter or cream cheese.

Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coconut powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp sugar free torani syrup (or water)
- 1 tsp instant coffee (optional)
- sweetener of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon Barlean's coconut oil (prevents sticking)

Directions:
- In a shallow bowl, rub coconut oil with paper towel. This prevents sticking. If you don't have coconut oil, use Pam, or nothing and get a good arm workout scrubbing the dish :) Mix all ingredients and cook in micro for 3 minutes at full power.