Friday, July 17, 2009

Microwaveable Egg Whites

OK, if you are ANYTHING like me, you JUST CAN'T make it to work on time... I am always running late. No one believes me that I get up at 5:00 every morning.

Anyways, so I am sure this is not some unknown trick, but if you are running to work late, and want to make breakfast quick, you can microwave your egg whites in a mug. It is so much quicker than cooking on a skillet, and you can run around getting ready while they are in the microwave.

However, if you don't use PAM, I HIGHLY recommend you wash your mug or soak it immediately, or you'll be tasting egg pieces for weeks afterwards :) I use a special mug for my egg whites.

Directions: Put egg whites in a mug and microwave. You can smear the mug with pam, it will slide out easier when done. I usually do about 3-4 egg whites and micro for two minutes, flip and then 30 seconds more.

Another trick: You can even add cheese and some veggies, too, for a quick omelette. However, make sure that the mug is Steep, or you will have egg whites all over your microwave :)