Friday, July 31, 2009

Homemade Raisin Bread

Note: I got this recipe from Mr. Breakfast and like tripled the amount of raisins :) It was on a day I wasn't counting calories, I think the holidays. Calories don't count on holidays, right??

To be completely honest, I loved it... my family- not so much :) I think it's because we had a huge brunch and they had other better options- like muffins, pancaekes, donuts, bagels.

Anyways, I put some peanut butter on mine and it was so good.

http://mrbreakfast.com/superdisplay.asp?recipeid=1494

- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup All-Bran cereal (I used fiber one)
- 1/2 cup sugar or Splenda (splenda)
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites (I used whites)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup raisins boiled in 1 cup water (I used like 3 cups, haha. I love my raisins. I used golden and regular)

Directions: Boil raisins for about 5 mins. Mix all other ingredients together. Add raisins & water. Stir well. Pour batter into greased bread pan (9x13). Bake for 1 hour @ 350.