Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stuffed Green Pepper with Homemade Cheese

Note: When I made this, I didn't have ground turkey or tomato sauce at my house. I would recommend it with some lean ground turkey and tomato sauce (low sugar, low salt).

Ingredients
- Homemade Cheese (see recipe)- can also sub cottage cheese or ricotta if you do not have time to make
- Whole Green Pepper (cored, but do not cut through, so you can "stuff" them)
- Tomato (cut in chunks)
- Onions
- Pam or teaspoon olive oil
- seasonings (salt, pepper)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional, not used below)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. In a non-stick skillet, lightly cook onions, and then tomatoes. Add seasonings. Fill Peppers with tomato, onions and homemade cheese. Drizzle with oil or spray pepper lightly with Pam. Bake for 30 minutes. (Halfway through cooking, sprinle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese).

my homemade cheese:


Blending the cheese into smaller pieces: