Monday, June 29, 2009

My Infamous Granola

Note: MY WHOLE FAMILY loves this. OK, unfortunately, I can't give macros on this because I just throw a bunch of stuff together. I literally give it to my family members for gifts. And it is so easily customizable (is that a word?) Anyways, you can add dried fried if you like. I make it weekly/monthly for my mom (who wouldn't touch any of my other recipes). She hates dried fruit. However, my uncle and cousins love it with dried fruit.

Ingredients:
- old fashioned oats
- maple syrup (I use Pure maple syrup for my family); sugar free for myself
- nuts: ANY work (I normally use almonds, pecans, walnuts)
- Flaxseed (golden and regular)
- dried fruit: cranberries, raisins, shredded coconut
- tons of cinnamon (your kitchen will smell AWESOME!)

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 300. Throw in there and eyeball it.