Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Low Fat PB and Banana Omelette

Note: This is another recipe that took me a few months to work up the nerve to try, but came out surprisingly good. I had this as my post workout meal this morning. I used low fat PB since it was post workout. Another option for a meal later in the day and you want no carbs is just use regular PB and egg whites.

Ingredients:
- 5 egg whites (4 are pictured, but I added one more later)- macros based on 5
- 1-2 packets stevia
- 1/2 banana (50 grams)
- 1 tablespoon low fat PB (I used Better 'N Peanut Butter, could use PB2)
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened chocolate (optional) - included in macros

Directions:
- mix egg whites, stevia and chocolate. Cook on a non-stick skillet like you would an omelette. Flip. When finished, lay flat omelette on dish. Top one 1/2 with PB and sliced banana. Fold like an omelette and eat :)








Nutrition Facts
1 Serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories
187.2
Total Fat
2.1 g

Saturated Fat
0.3 g

Polyunsaturated Fat
0.6 g

Monounsaturated Fat
0.6 g
Cholesterol
0.0 mg
Sodium
323.6 mg
Potassium
509.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate
18.7 g

Dietary Fiber
3.1 g

Sugars
1.0 g
Protein
28.0 g