Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Flax Bread

Note: This is ONE of the best recipes ever. I got it from figureathlete.com (cut the recipe in 1/2)... oh, how I miss my bread, but this really hits the spot. I bought it to work, and had one slice with Peanut butter. The other I made a turkey and fat free cheese sandwich.

Ingredients:
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tspn salt
- stevia/splenda to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water

Directions:
- mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another. Combine together. Put in an 8 by 8 pan and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Makes 9 slices.



















pre-wrapped to bring to work:



with my container of PB:


with turkey and cheese:


with cream cheese:

With chicken sausage:

Nutrition Facts
User Entered Recipe
9 Servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories
91.9
Total Fat
7.6 g

Saturated Fat
0.6 g

Polyunsaturated Fat
0.3 g

Monounsaturated Fat
2.4 g
Cholesterol
23.6 mg
Sodium
19.2 mg
Potassium
18.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate
3.7 g

Dietary Fiber
3.6 g

Sugars
0.0 g
Protein
4.5 g