Monday, June 15, 2009

Eggplant, Tomato and Onion Cheesy Bites

Note: This is kind of like the meal I made a few days ago... But I added melted cheese since I can now eat it after my gum surgery :) And the recipe was so good. Also, living alone, I have to go through veggies and food quickly or else they go bad.

Anyways, hope you enjoy.

Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 eggplant, sliced
- small red onion, sliced
- small yellow onion, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 oz reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- spices: salt, pepper, basil

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400. Stack eggplant, tomato and onion as I have below. Drizzle olive oil on top. If you have remaining veggies, feel free to stack on the side. Cook in oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, add sliced cheese on top, leaving room on the sides so it doesn't spill over. Cook for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle with basil. Optional: add parmesan cheese on top.