Note: This is again another quick lunch. I LOVE Chicken Sausages. Especially Trader Joe's.
- Trader Joe's Chicken Sausage , sweet italian
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ounce reduced fat sharp cheese (I used 75% reduced fat, but macros are based on 50%)
- green pepper, not included in macros
- red onion, not included in macros
- white onion, not included in macros
- 1/2 tomato, not included in macros
- seasonings: salt, pepper.
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onions, green pepper and seasonings. Saute until 90% complete. Add tomato at end. Meanwhile in a separate skillet, "butterfly" sausage (cut in 1/2 lengthwise) and add cheese (as pictured below). Cook on skilet face up. If cheese does not melt, microwave for about 20 seconds.